Saturday October 13th, 2018
11:00 am—2:00 pm
at the Firehouse Center for the Arts
Market Square, Newburyport MA 01950
Sunday, October 14th, 2018
12:00 pm—2:00 pm
at the Firehouse Rehearsal Studio, 18 Graf Rd, Newburyport MA
Prior sign up for audition time slot required.
March 22-31, 2019 (Thursdays-Sundays)
The Arakelian Theater at the
Firehouse Center for the Arts
Market Square, Newburyport, MA
Director: Tim Diering
Rehearsals begin January 2019 and will be primarily
Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays in the evenings.
This is a Non-Equity production. Small stipend
available. Actors of all ethnicities, sizes, and types are
encouraged to audition.
Synopsis of Play:
Lloyd Fellowes is the director of a theatre company. He's desperately trying to get his production together, despite the best efforts of the cast, the crew, and Lady Luck. We follow the production from final rehersals, through opening night, and onto the tour: as with any group of actors forced to work closely together for any great length of time, romances and arguments are bound to break out. Quite often, what's happening on stage is nothing compared to what's happening backstage....
Actors should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your audition time and come prepared with a resume and current head shot, if available. Prepare either two different 1-2 minute comedic monologues or one longer 3-4 minute monologue. If you can do an English accent, all the better (though not necessary for auditions). Be prepared to read sides if asked. Actors should have solid comedic skills, can handle physical comedy (this is a farce, after all), and have a good ear for dialect.
SEEKING TO CAST:
• Lloyd Dallas (Male, 40s-50s) – The frustrated director
• Garry Lejeune (Male, 30s-40s) – A tongue-tied actor
• Brooke Ashton (Female, 20s) – A determined but low-talent ingenue
• Poppy Norton-Taylor (Female, 20s-30s) – The put-upon stage manager
• Frederick Fellowes (Male, 40s- 50s) – The handsome but dim leading man
• Tim Allgood (Male, 20s-30s) – The exasperated assistant stage manager
• Selsdon Mowbray (Male, 50s-60s) – The older, inebriated actor
• Belinda Blair (Female, 40s) – The stalwart leading lady
• Dotty Otley (Female, 50s-60s) – The aging former star
Prior sign up for audition time slot is required!
You will be contacted by the Firehouse with your audition time within 2 business days of your submission. The deadline for submissions is October 12th. If you have any questions or wish to audition but are unable to on that date, please contact email@example.com.