Our community is joining forces to make a difference! Many thanks to Mayor Holaday and the City of Newburyport, the Greater Newburyport Chamber of Commerce, the Firehouse Center for the Arts, and the dozens downtown retail, service, and restaurant business owners who have come together to help.
Because this is how our community rolls! Residents and businesses of Greater Newburyport never hesitate to rally around members of our community in a time of crisis and need. It's an incredible sight to behold! 100% of funds raised from this event will assist the employees of the businesses affected by the fire, and other needs of the businesses not covered by insurance.
A fund has been set up by The Provident Bank where donations will be kept and managed.
- Firehouse Center for the Arts:
The Firehouse will serve as a "hub". The Firehouse Box Office will be the place to make your donation to the cause. All donors will receive a "ticket" which will give them access upstairs to the theater, upper lobby, and balcony. The Firehouse will be holding a "live music open house" from 5:00-10:00pm featuring four amazing bands (see below), as well as a "donation bar" in their upper lobby. Fabulous raffles offered by retail stores will also be held. Important to note: due to limited seating capacity in the theater/upper lobby/balcony, and in order to adhere to fire code laws, access upstairs will be on a FIRST COME - FIRST SERVED basis. This event is meant to be true open house, where donors are encourage to come to the Firehouse, check out some music and the view, then head out into downtown to engage with participating restaurant, retail, and service businesses as well!
- Throughout the entire downtown area:
Dozens of restaurant, retail and service businesses have generously offered to donate a percentage of their sales this day/night to this fundraiser. Amazing! A comprehensive listing of all participating businesses is coming soon, here on this website, as well as the Facebook Event Page, so please stay tuned! A handout will also be available at the Firehouse Box Office to take with you the night of, for quick reference.
The bands who have generously offered their time and talent to perform:
- 5:00pm The Henry Welch Band
- 6:00pm LUX
- 7:00pm Cuppa Joe
- 8:00pm Liz Frame and the Kickers
Dozens of downtown businesses have generously offered to donate a percentage of their sales this day, as well as donating goods/services for raffles and to make this event possible.
Okay...the BIG QUESTION:
How do we donate, and what are the logistic of this event?
- Donations can now be made via the Firehouse Box Office:
Online: Please see the yellow "Purchase Tickets" button on upper right of this page
In person: Located in Market Square, our Box Office hours are Wed-Sun, 12-5pm
By tel: 978-462-7336, same hours as above
- Suggested donation is $25, with an option to donate at higher increments if you so choose!
- All people who donate to this fundraiser via the Firehouse Box Office will receive a hard copy "ticket" at Will Call the day of event
- These "tickets" are the only way to access the upstairs Firehouse theater, lobby, and balcony
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Due to limited seating inside the theater (191 seats) and our need to follow fire code laws for facility maximum capacity - a "ticket" does not guarantee access to a seat in the theater, or access to upper lobby/balcony. Access is on a First Come, First Served basis, and will mostly likely fluctuate throughout the evening
- This event is meant to be an open house in the very true sense. Come make a donation via the Firehouse Box Office, check out some great live music, get a few raffle tickets, and head out throughout the downtown to Dine and Shop, knowing a percentage of what you spend goes to this fundraiser!
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
What an amazing community we live and work in!
Help spread the good word by sharing this event on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/events/289970791355009/We encourage you to please share with your Facebook friends as well.
We look forward to sharing an amazing night in Newburyport with you all.
See you on the 20th!